Personal information is any information about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information is true or not and whether the information is recorded in a material form or not.
Sensitive information is any personal information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, health, genetics, biometrics or biometric templates. We generally do not wish to be informed of a person’s sensitive information. We, in any event, will collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you only as allowed by law, for example where we have received your consent to do so or the collection is required by law.
Our websites and applications are not intended for children under the age of 18. We will not knowingly collect information from website visitors and application users in this age group. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information which they disclose.
Passive Information Collection
As you navigate through our websites and access and use any of our applications, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) through various technologies, such as cookies, internet tags or web beacons and navigational data collection.
Our websites and applications may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information to provide better services to website visitors and mobile application users, customise the website and mobile application based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends and otherwise administer and improve the website and applications for your use. Such information is not combined with personally identifiable information collected elsewhere on the websites or through the mobile application unless you have consented.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect personal information that is necessary for our business activities and in order to provide and develop our services. We may do this in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide it to us or our Related Parties;
- from publicly available resources; or
- by analysing our own records of your use of our services, websites and applications.
We also may collect your personal information when legally required to do so.
What Personal Information Do We Collect and Why?
The type of personal information we collect may include your name, date of birth, address, postcode, telephone numbers, employer, email address, credit card information, information on how you use our website and applications and your preferences regarding our products and services. If we are not provided with the personal information that we request, we may not be able to meet your request or provide our products or services to you.
The personal information you provide us may be used for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include to:
- verify your identity;
- facilitate provision of our products and services to you;
- address or respond to any requests from you;
- inform you of existing and proposed products and services which we provide;
- better understand your needs in relation to the products and services that we provide;
- develop and improve the quality and scope of the products and services we provide, and seek your feedback;
- provide people we do business with, with information about who uses and accesses their content through our website and applications so that they can directly market their products to you;
- inform us about who uses our website and applications;
- compile and analyse statistics and trends and otherwise inform us of how our website and applications are used.
- Your personal information may be used so that we, our Related Parties, our carefully selected business partners and our customers can provide you with information about our products and services, such as by way of direct mail or telemarketing, and, where you have opted in, by email, Push Notifications, SMS and MMS, or to request your feedback for promotional purposes. You always have the right to opt-out of receiving such information. You may exercise that right by selecting the relevant option in the communication or in the relevant application’s settings or by contacting us as set out below.
We may also use your personal information for purposes related to those described above which would reasonably be expected by you.
We will not use your information for purposes other than those described above unless we have your consent or as permitted by law (including for law enforcement or public health and safety reasons).
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where we are required or authorised by law or where you have consented to us doing so.
We also may disclose your personal information to:
- others in accordance with a request made by you;
- our Related Parties and business partners;
- persons engaged in providing us with professional, business, technology and corporate services, when reasonably required; and
- third parties whose content you access through our websites or applications.
When making such a disclosure we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient is bound by privacy obligations.
Unless you consent, we otherwise will not disclose your personal information to third parties other than as set out above.
Does My Personal Information Leave Australia?
We will only send your personal information outside Australia:
- if we are authorised to do so by law;
- if you have consented to us doing so.
In certain circumstances, in the course of our ordinary business operations, we disclose personal information to recipients located overseas. This is because some of our technology and operational service providers are located outside of Australia. This means that when we use these provider’s services, it may involve disclosing your personal information overseas. We only disclose personal information to our overseas service providers when it is necessary for the services they provide to us.
Access and Correction
You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us as specified below. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the costs of retrieval and supply of any requested information.
We will take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. To ensure your personal information is accurate, please notify us of any errors or changes to your personal information and we will take appropriate steps to update or correct such information in our possession.
Storage and Security
We will take reasonable steps to safeguard your information from loss, misuse, interference, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
You should keep in mind that no internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, e-mails sent to or from our website may not be secure.
Links to Other Websites
Yellow Bird and our Related Parties will take any privacy complaint seriously and will aim to resolve any such complaint in a timely and efficient manner, and our target response time is 30 days.
Yellow Bird and our Related Parties expect our procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if you remain dissatisfied, you can also make a formal complaint with the Officer of the Australian Information Commissioner (which is the regulator responsible for privacy in Australia):
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
Complaints must be made in writing
Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
1300 363 992
How to Contact Us
Yellow Bird Cafe
122 Chapel Street
Windsor VIC 3181